District 7 empowers, engages and inspires students, leaders, staff and all community members in a safe and inclusive learning environment.
District 7 Goals 2021-2022
District 7 Goals-2021-2022
High Expectations and Rigorous Instruction
2021-2022 Bronx Goal #1
- By June 21 2022, District 7 we will engage in a minimum of three progress monitoring sessions in which we unpack essential data in the New Visions dashboard and reflect on each district's impact on driving continuous improvement in all learning environments. Through an intentional focus on utilizing universal screeners needed to accelerate learning in early childhood, literacy, and math in grades K-12, we seek to strengthen targeted enrichment and interventions to reach the whole child. An intentional focus on improving focus on improving Core Instruction (Tier 1) and the quality of Tier 2 and 3 supports is grounded to the belief that quality interventions for all students' lead to improved academic outcomes
District 7 Goal #1
- By June 2022, District 7 schools will focus on providing students access to authentic, rich, and diverse learning experiences that promote discussion, collaboration, and real world connections and robust Tier 2/Tier 3 supports that will result in a 15% increase in the percentage of ENL/SWD's who score Levels 2-4 on standards aligned assessments. The District Instructional Leadership team will engage in a minimum of three progress monitoring sessions of formative data to assess the impact of our multi-tiered systems of interventions
Ongoing Professional Learning
2021-2022 Bronx Goal #1
- By June 2022, the Bronx Leadership Team (Superintendents, Deputies, and BCO Directors) will develop a Leadership Pipeline across the Bronx in order to strengthen and sustain organizational capacity, provide targeted leadership development, and support district wide and citywide
District 7 Goal #2
By June 2022, through leadership coaching and development District 7 will promote strengthen, and sustain our leadership pipeline including paraprofessionals, teachers, assistant principals and principals. By doing so, we expect to enhance transformational leadership capacity to effectively guide school communities toward and reimagined vision of teaching, leading, and learning.
Inclusive Curriculum and Assessment
2021-2022 Bronx Goal #3
- By June 2022, districts will develop and train school teams to serve as experts in implementing the tenets of culturally responsive teaching using the CRSE Framework to anchor their work. Through partnering with BCO teams to provide professional learning and targeted support in designing and implementing a culturally responsive core, we will increase the belief among stakeholders that affirming student racial, linguistic, and ethnic identities leads to improved student outcomes
District 7 Goal #3
- By June 2022, District 7 will increase school leaders and teachers' capacity to design, adapt, and implement culturally responsive curriculum pedagogy that emphasizes student collaboration, ownership and autonomy that will result in increase student intellectual engagement and outcomes.
Welcoming and Affirming Environment
2021-2022 Bronx Goal #4
By June 2022, we will ensure that we:
- Implement daily relationship building practices to foster supportive and inclusive communities in every school building so students feel safe, affirmed, and ready to engage in learning experiences.
- Hold spaces for students, families, and staff throughout the year using check-ins, restorative circles, town halls, and other strategies to foster learning centered school communities
- Monitor Chronic Absenteeism and weekly attendance rates in order to impact the academic success and wellness of students across districts.
District 7 Goal#4
By June 2022, District 7 will promote and support the health, safety, ad wellness of students and staff through curricula, research-based social emotional learning programs, and community conversations to foster the social emotional well-being of the school community.
In order to develop conscious, civic minded, independent successful 21st century leaders and global citizens District 7 empowers all stakeholders by:
* Ensuring students are at the forefront of our work
* Promoting equity and diversity
* Utilizing community partnerships
* Promoting professional inquiry, collaboration and excellence
* Providing a safe, orderly and efficient environment
NEW! Department of Education Health and Safety Policy and Documents
Download our New District 7 App today!
District 7 Calendar of Events/Workshops