We believe as educational partners, we build strong family and community ties based on a foundation of trust. Through communication and effective support, we empower families to make informed decisions that will result in social, emotional and academic success.
@CSD7bx Parent Coordinators
PC Community Website
Here you will find information and guidance on Parent Coordinator Best Practices. Log on and join our Discussion Forum to ask questions and share challenges and solutions with your Parent Coordinator community. Register online for Parent Coordinator Professional Development. Online Connect with Kids videos and print resources provide turn-key programming for on-site parent workshops to increase awareness of some of today’s most important youth topics.
In accordance with Compliance Checklist (CL#13), Parent Coordinator Activity Reports (PCAR) are due by the 15th of each month, and are reported in the Mayor's Management Report .
PCAR measures 5 areas:
❏ Phone calls
❏ Workshops Held
❏ Workshop Attendance
❏ Citywide PTC Attendance
All of our schools are required to have either a:
- Parent Association (PA)
- Parent Teacher Association (PTA)
- advocate for students and families
- update parents and families about the school
- plan and run activities for parents and families
PA/PTAs can support schools in a number of ways, including:
- hosting parent workshops
- organizing activities for families—both academic and social
- raising funds
- running volunteer events
The School Parent Leader Contact Information (SPLCI) system is where your school must maintain information on elected parent leaders.
The principal, parent coordinator, or school web master must update the School Parent Leader Contact Information System (SPLCI), accessible through the Principal’s Portal, within 5 calendar days of the election.
The following are key compliance deadlines:
Conduct PA/PTA Elections: September 28
Submit Election Results: October 31
Submit SLT Information: October 31
Hold Annual Title I Parent Meeting: conduct September 18–November 16
DOE Employee Info Hub
Need a fast way to get to Cybershift Online, HR Connect, or just want to download the official DOE templates for Letterhead, PowerPoints and more? Look no further! This page has a slew of relevant employee links that we should all be familiar with.
Chancellor's Regulation A-660 governs PA/PTA's and Presidents' Council. Chancellor's Regulation A-655 governs School Leadership Teams (SLT) and District Leadership Teams (DLT).
When you need translation services, here are two ways you can learn more about the process:
- Department of Education staff can email email@example.com for more information about written translation or firstname.lastname@example.org for information on oral interpretation services. For request forms and additional language access resources, visit the employee-only Infohub page.
Translated Documents: Multiple Languages
DOE Applications and Systems
The DOE makes use of many digital tools and resources not hosted on this website.
This page collects links to systems like those tracking attendance, payroll, and tech assistance.
Parent-Teacher Conferences allow administrators, teachers, families, and students an opportunity to gain a shared understanding of learning, as partners in meeting student academic and social-emotional needs.
This memo is current as of August 26, 2019.
Elementary Schools and K–8 Schools
- Thursday, September 12 – evening (Meet the Staff night)*
- Wednesday, November 13 – evening | Thursday, November 14 – afternoon (half-day for students)
- Wednesday, March 4 – evening | Thursday, March 5 – afternoon (half-day for students)
- Thursday, May 7 – evening*
Middle Schools and District 75 School Programs^
- Thursday, September 19 – evening (Meet the Staff night)*
- Wednesday, November 6 – evening | Thursday, November 7 – afternoon (half-day for students)
- Thursday, March 12 – evening | Friday, March 13 – afternoon (half-day for students)
- Thursday, May 14 – evening*
High Schools and K–12/6–12 schools
- Thursday, September 26 – evening (Meet the Staff night)*
- Thursday, November 21 – evening | Friday, November 22 – afternoon (half-day for students)
- Thursday, March 19 – evening | Friday, March 20 – afternoon (half-day for students)
- Thursday, May 21 – evening*
Adult Education (Ages 21+)
- Over 800 free classes--see course catalog below
- For adults age 21 and over
- Held both during the day and evening, Monday through Saturday
- Based at more than 175 sites in all five boroughs,
- You can take classes anywhere in the city, regardless of which borough you live in.
- Taught by certified teachers
- Some classes require fees for textbooks, certification exams, and/or uniforms.
- Learn how to enroll.